Christmas Pic

Christmas Pic

Tin Roof

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Something New







I am just really really excited about what I feel like God is doing in my life. Okay, so I know I'm terrible about putting things into words, but I'll try my best....



There are 2 things that God has been pressing into my heart over and over again in the past couple of weeks...1. Prayer 2. The Holy Spirit



So...I've sought out some wise counsel and I feel like the God is moving me forward on a new and fun ride...I can't even explain how fired up I am!! On top of that, I have started reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan (which is an incredible book) about reversing our tragic neglect of the Holy Spirit. Love this quote, "The Christian's life in all its aspects - intellectual and ethical, devotional and relational, upsurging in worship and outgoing in witness - is supernatural; only the Spirit can initiate and sustain it. So apart from Him, not honly will there be no lively believers and no lively congregations, there will be no believers and no congregations at all." -JJ Packer. What is alive is us as Believers?? What is alive in me? What does the world see in me that is different?



Have to posts these pics...Shane and I took the kids to Fiesta Texas on Sunday after church...so much fun being outside in the beautiful weather with the kids...what a joy they are to us!

1 comment:

  1. For a girl who claims to be not great at communicating herself, I think youve done quite well ;-) I LOVE LOVE that pic of you and Hartlee! A framer for sure! Cant wait to read that book. Gotta finish Crazy Love first though

    ReplyDelete