Christmas Pic

Christmas Pic

Tin Roof

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shane


Okay, without having this cheezy little write up about how cute and sweet my husband is, can I just tell you guys that I really really like him. There are numerous characteristics I could point out about what makes him so amazing, but there are 2 reasons that stand out that really set him apart...humility and a deep love for others. I can't tell you how many times and in how many ways I have learned from him in both these areas. I am so grateful.
I went to a SOZO prayer today (means Saved, Healed, and Delivered) and had this incredible encounter with God that sort of leaves me speechless. How do you explain it when the Spirit completely transforms and molds you for 3 hours...just speechless. So, one thing sticks out that I wanted to share with everyone. I have struggled in my life with an absent father, as I know many of my friends have as well. Undoubtedly this has left me with wounds in my heart that every now and then manifest themselves in my life and relationships in the craziest ways. But, I can't even express how the Lord has healed my heart and continues to heal my heart through my relationship with my husband and also through his interaction with my daughter. Totally brings me to tears even thinking about it. This morning when I was getting dressed, Shane came in and asked me if he could wake Hartlee up because he wanted to see her before he left for work. I looked at him like he was crazy and begged him to let her sleep, but he was persistent and went in to get her. I took in the moment of watching her cuddle up into his arms, so peaceful, so protected, so loved....it was like the picture stood still in time. Later on, when I was asked in my prayer time to get alone with Father God and allow Him to hold me, that same moment of Shane holding Hartlee popped into my head and I was so moved at how the Lord showed me a picture of His love for me, his daughter, through Shane and Hartlee's relationship...priceless. And even more so, how desperately Shane wanted to wake her up and hold her is such a sweet portrait of how our Heavenly Father longs to hold us and be with us...just because. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment